Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Collage project- "Tulip"

Following the experimental scan project, I needed to make a collage using a bunch of different scans. I thought I would make something based off of this song- I immediately thought of it when I saw the image I used to make the hair. Everything (eventually) came together after that. The original photoshop file probably has a bajillion layers because of all the cutting and pasting I did. After that, I did some additions with the brush tool to refine things a bit.

I'm not sure how well this actually fits the song. Apart from the fact that there are no actual tulips used in the image, I was told the woman looks more contemplative than drowned... but it was still fun to do.


1 comment:

  1. i love that you got creative with the scans and used them as textures for drawing elements that you drew / outlined yourself. the end product has a really calm, dark atmosphere, but then her hair in the middle of the picture is this bright fiery red that radiates heat, and it's a really cool effect.

    ReplyDelete