Thursday, March 6, 2014

Project 1- "When the Shadows Get Long"

A long-belated post on my first major project! The assignment was to combine an image from the web, a photograph, and a scanned image. I made the background from a photograph I took during a family vacation to Yellowstone, and a sunset image from the web. I then made pools of water from CD scans. Finally, I added a figure I drew and made it all ghost-like by reducing the opacity. It was a lot of fun to make.

"Well, they call me William the Pleaser
I sold opium, fireworks, and lead
Now I'm telling my troubles to strangers
And when the shadows get long I'll be dead."
-Tom Waits, "Lucinda"

Special thanks goes to my laptop, which somehow didn't spontaneously combust while I was working on this massive file.

No comments:

Post a Comment